Tuesday, August 18, 2009

CM, Vacations, and Whatever Comes to Mind

I've been busy lately with not much time to blog. I don’t have time now, either, but I'm making it.

What's been happening?

TTC -- Well, we're approaching peak and I've had some incredible CM. Amazingly stretchy and clear. Two days in a row! I can't account for it. I'm not doing anything very different that I know of - the usual B6, Vitex, multi-vitamin, and whatever else. I suppose it could be the flax oil. I used to take it every day but slacked off over the past year or so. The stuff tastes horrible on its own. I've managed to increase my intake these past two weeks by making a salad dressing with it. Could that make a difference with CM? I can't find that it does despite a quick Google. Hm.

Life in general -- DH and I have decided to postpone the Caribbean cruise we were thinking about for January. The Pennsylvania budget impasse is still going strong. They're now thinking maybe October before they can come to an agreement. Until then, we don't know if there will be more furloughs - up to 5000 or 6000 - or possible rolling furloughs (unpaid time off for a day or two or three every month). I'm not comfortable prepaying several thousand dollars for a cruise without feeling certain I'll have a job at that point.

Hmph. And they wonder why people aren't spending money. It's not rocket science.

We are, however, taking a much less expensive vacation to Providence, RI in two weeks. DH decided when we were married that we'd go somewhere or do something during our anniversary week. Last year, we went to Niagara. This year, we're going to do the cliff walk and view the mansions. It's not a huge trip but it will be a good time for us to connect. Just the two of us with no home or work responsibilities. I'll miss my girls, Sadie and Muggles, of course, but I don't believe they'd let pets into the mansions. Something tells me . . .

I'm sure we'll enjoy this trip just a much as we did Niagara. The trick for me will be to put TTC in the back of my mind. I have no hope of putting it completely out of mind - I'm expecting AF that week - but I'm going to do my best to shove it back in the most inaccessible corner I can find. I may be able to find an hour or two a day that I don't think about it. Imagine that.

2 comments:

prayerfuljourney said...

I think a little getaway is the right kind of medicine to help get a break from all the TTC stuff. Too bad you can't hold the AF off until after the vacation. Hmmm....Oh well.... Good news on the CM front. I think B6 helps me. I just have to make sure I take it...I'm so bad about taking my vitamins. Ugh! But...I'm good about taking prescription meds. So, I guess I'm doing okay. I don't blame you for postponing the cruise if you are not sure about your income status. It's such a scary economy out there. My dh and I are so thankful he has a good job. I hope when I get my certification that I will be lucky like him and get a job. There's been a lot of cuts to the earl.y childhood programs out by me which is not good news. I'll pray more about that when I'm done w/my classes. BTW: taking night grad classes isn't so bad...gives me another focus and life direction if the other plans (baby dreams) don't pan out. I know in my heart of hearts that God wants me to teach. Everything has been falling into place. I thank God for all my positives in my life. God Bless.

LadyEm said...

Vacation definitely sounds good! Glad your CM looks so good, definitely fertile! Good luck on your journey, and sorry to see your struggles :( Hope everything works out in the end.