My husband must have married me because I’m so gullible. That must be it.
We drove up to the Berwick area to visit his parents. We stopped at his dad’s first, and stayed a few hours. We left around 2:00 to go to his mom’s. Part way there, he said he had to go to the bathroom. We were passing a park, so he made a detour to use the restrooms. Odd . . . we were only a few minutes from his mom's. He parked next to a pavilion full of people. I thought that was odd at the time, too. He could have parked closer to the rest rooms, and we wouldn’t have to disturb what was obviously a party.
I looked at the sign hanging on the pavilion. “Oh, look,” I said, obliviously, “Someone’s having a baby shower.” DH got out. I looked again and saw his mom there. My first thought was, “What’s she doing here? We’re supposed to be going to her house. What a coincidence.” Then it sank in. Oh.
It turned out to be a very nice baby shower. I’m sure it was made all the better by my inability to make connections from all the odd occurrences over the previous weeks. I was touched. His family gathered for us. I’m still at odds with being the center of attention. I hope I managed to convey how happy and appreciative I was.
6 comments:
What a great surprise! That's so funny that you didn't realize it was for you! I'm glad you had a great shower.
That's so sweet!!! Congrats on your baby shower!
What a sweet surprise.
Love your description of your surprise party! How fun is that. What a fun Dad, indeed.
I don't think I would have guessed it either!
Then again, I never let anyone throw me a baby shower, I was too nervous. But, it sounded like the perfect occasion and I am so happy everyone was there to enjoy it with you.
Yes, naivete does have its advantages!
How very sweet! Your story made me laugh- very cute! It must be fun surprising you! xoxoxox
I'm so late with this comment, but how sweet!!!
Post a Comment