TTC and (finally) motherhood from the persepective of woman who has seen and flown past the age of 35 at warp speed.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Now I feel like a parent
We took Kate to the pediatric surgeon today to evaluate her tongue tie. He confirmed the tongue tie and took care of it then and there. Kate was swaddled and I held her down while the doctor numbed and cut the tie. I felt like a thug holding her down while she was screaming - while someone went after her with a sharp instrument. All I could thing was, Don't cut my baby! I know it was for the best, and she's perfectly fine now (it's a minor procedure), but I don't want her to hurt or be afraid. . . ever. I want to protect her always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Awwww, you're official! That's so sad that you had to hold her down. I had to do that just the other day with Dominic while he had an xray to rule out pneumonia (all clear thankfully!) so I know exactly what you mean! Although a sharp instrument, yikes. What does that mean that she had a tongue tie? Will she nurse better now?
I know that was rough!
SC: I'm guessing it means the skin that connects your tongue to the floor of your mouth is too short. I have a shorter than normal attachment.
Awww that had to be so hard for you to do....but I'm glad it's over and your both all better now. xoxoxoxoxox
Oh, I see. I'd never heard of that before.
That's exactly what a tongue tie is. She SHOULD nurse better, but she isn't. She learned the old latch too well. Still painful. We have some work to do.
I'm sorry you had to hold her down while they did the tongue fix, but I hope it helps soon. Have you gotten a consult with a lactation consultant to see if they are any exercises that could help her latch?
We have some training techniques we can try that the lactation consultant gave us originally. Slow going.
Oh, that is so hard to do! I remember holding my one-year-old down when he got stitches, and he just screamed "Mama, no!" so many times. Still kills me, and he's 12 now. Sigh. Yep, you are definitely a mom!
God bless her, and you! And Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment