Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Did you know they have Kindle apps for babies? I’d heard about them for iPods, so I thought to check my Kindle to see if it had any I could download. Yes. Yes, indeed. Let’s see . . . I downloaded drums, piano, bubbles, animals, and drawing apps. I think her favorite so far is the drums and maybe the bubbles. I thought she’d be more interested in the piano app than she is. I only downloaded the drawing apps yesterday, so we haven’t had a chance to really try them out yet. So tell me: am I creating a tech junkie already? Oh, I hope not.

Running continues to be a favorite pastime. Running and yelling: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! There is no better thing. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp)! It’s the cutest thing the way she runs. It’s so toddler-like. Given that she’s a toddler, that’s hardly surprising. It's like watching an episode of Star Trek to see her run. One moment she's standing there or casually walking at a sedate place just like the Enterprise floating silently in space against a field of stars, and the next, she's at warp 9: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I suppose I’m still amazed that we even have a toddler. I look at her and see a perfect, little human being. I find it hard to believe she ever started out inside of me. I find it harder to believe that DH and I managed to create someone so perfect. We do good work.

This week is the week of the young child, and today her daycare center has designated a reading day. Kathleen is going to be in heaven. Reading. All day. Well, I don’t suppose it will be ALL day, but maybe it will be enough to satisfy Kathleen for a short while. (Snort!) Right.

The kiddos will be headed to the state Capitol Rotunda on Thursday along with two other children’s groups. I think one of the others is another one of the daycare centers. The auditor general will be reading to them. I’ll bet they end up on TV! The governor’s wife read to the kids in her daycare last year. She actually came to the center. Unfortunately, Kathleen was still so young; she stayed in the infant room with all the other babies. Not this year. This year she’s a big girl! She’s going to have some fun.

No comments: