Not a great exit from daycare yesterday. She's back in one of her ultra-clingy moods. Full out crying and arching of the back. She actually ran to the door after I’d left calling Mommy, Mommy, Mommy. If that isn’t enough to make you feel like garbage . . .
I wonder if she’s hitting another one of her developmental spurts. Clingy, cranky, and crying: the 3 Cs. Her sleep is off. She’s moody. Actually, this is what I pulled off the Wonder Weeks site back in May when I thought she was hitting another spurt:
- She cries more often and is more often cranky and fretful.
- She’s cheerful one moment and crying the next.
- She’s clingy and wants to be closer.
- She’s mischievous.
- She’s throwing fits.
- She’s more obviously shy with strangers.
- She wants physical contact to be tighter or closer.
- She’s sleeping poorly.
- She’s reaching for her blanket for security more often.
If that doesn’t describe Kathleen right now, I don’t know what does.
It must be another spurt. We’ve noticed a change in some of her play habits such as the way she’s pretending more and drawing others into her activities. Just last night, she was putting daddy to bed, covering him with blankets and plying him with every stuffed toy on her bed. She then ordered me to sit beside him and put my head down. She pointed at me and with an imperious tone told me, “Mommy, bed!” (Hmmm, familiar ring, that . . .) Then she walked out and closed her bedroom door . . . only to peek in a moment later to order me back to bed. What a character.
No comments:
Post a Comment