She took off out of the living room last night and, much to my astonishment, headed for the bathroom. She directed me to remain in the hall while she removed her pants and diaper all on her own. I sat on the floor, she closed the door, and a few minutes later: “Mommy! I tinkle toot!” She did it. She went to the bathroom on her very own without being asked. I hadn’t even hinted – not once – that evening.
Of course, I was so excited that I had to post to the girls from my BabyCenter IF group on Facebook after I helped Kathleen put on a new diaper. I’ve only been venting about our lack of progress for a couple of months now. I was proud of her.
I should have been forewarned, however. Kathleen insisted that I sit in the chair across the room from her while I typed up my exciting news. She didn’t want me to come near her. That should have been my first clue. She made herself comfortable on the floor in front of the couch. I typed.
She did it! She went into the bathroom without being asked! All on her own! And she went potty! Of course, as I'm writing this exciting post, she's telling me she's just messed her diaper.
Yes, the clean diaper we had just put on stayed that way for less than five minutes. Baby steps.

No comments:
Post a Comment