Wow, I never knew that. You can get all the info from an ultrasound? Amazing. To think, all those blood tests I took, checking mucus every, single time I went to the bathroom, the HSG and laparoscopy . . . all I had to do was to ask the doctor for an ultrasound. I'll have to tell him next time I see him all the amazing things an ultrasound can do. To be fair, he knew about using the ultrasound to check uterine lining, but he obviously had no idea about everything else.
Now really, how can you check mucus with an ultrasound? Honestly.
********************
Gaah! Dr. Stegman's office called me on Friday and asked me to call them back. I didn't get a chance until this morning. He had a chance to review my u/s and wants to schedule another in ten days or so. Of course, my first panicked thought was: why? Why does he want to schedule another after seeing the last one. Did he see something to concern him? Was the heart rate too low? It was on the low side of normal, yes (this is why I shouldn't do any more research), but was it too low for his liking? The on-call doctor said everything looked fine. Why? Why, why, why, why?
I'm talking myself back down now - partially succeeding. He didn't call personally, so it can't have been too dire, right? He's been known to call patients personally after hours. He didn't ask for it to be scheduled this week, so it's probably not an immediate concern. They didn't call me back or call home when I didn't return the original call, so it may not be panic-worthy. It could be routine. Right? Right?
Ten days!? I'm making this one in the morning if I can, so I don't need to sit here in suspense at work all day. I'm trying to think positive. Put on my happy face. It's all good. Positive.
Why can't I stop worrying?
10 comments:
You gotta love the lies on tv! Hilarious. If only it were that simple...
I never watch the show, but have come to learn that no one in TV is ever truly IF. Usually some random hook-up with some random guy is enough to do the trick :)
Of course, tv land is also were a guy is arrested on Monday and has a jury verdict by Friday. So realistic!
Huh? I wonder why, too. However, you are probably right to think that if there was anything dire he would want one right away. Maybe this is rountine for him. Good, positive thoughts.
Common sense tells me it's probably routine, but after all this time, I still can't quite get it through my head we're going to have a baby. I know I'm pregnant, but I don't feel it. I'm being ridiculous reading between the lines when there's nothing between the lines to read. Can't help it.
Hilarious... esp about the tubes being opened. Why anyone would subject themselves to an HSG if a painless u/s could see that is beyond me!
But to be fair, we do look for cm on u/s, but it's only visible transvaginally. It is a normal part of the NaPro u/s series, to document the presence or absence or cm, and whether or not the cervix is open or closed (open with fluid present, closed without).
Now that I didn't know. I didn't realize you could check for CM using a trasvaginal u/s.
I completely understand. For doctors (even the great ones) these things are routine and they probably just don't think how someone who has suffered with IF is going to pick apart every thing they say and worry constantly. Take heart and keep calm.
No worries. They probably just want to continue to monitor you. Maybe you're classified as "high risk"? I noticed that on my blood work request today and I thought, "really? I'm high risk? Didn't realize that". I think it just means extra precautions. Remember, God's baby...He will totally take care of you and baby. Sending prayers.
I wouldn't worry about it. In my experience, Dr. Stegman monitors early pregnancy much more closely than other doctors. If it was something serious, he would order an ultrasound much sooner.
That's good to know. Thanks, all, for the encouragement.
Post a Comment