Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Not a patient person

I'm still waiting for my numbers from yesterday's blood work. The nurse said she'd be calling in the afternoon after she got in, but even knowing this, waiting is not one of my more notable virtues.

I've been trying to talk myself out of my tendency to worry of late. It's shameful (I tell myself). You spend how long trying to get pregnant, following an incredibly long and difficult road, and now you decide to take the easy way? Tsk, tsk, tsk, missy. Focusing on what could go wrong is the easy way out. Really, you should know better by now. Hasn't IF taught you anything? For shame.

Some pep talk. :) I'm trying to guilt myself into a more positive focus. I figure, if I'm going to be a mother, I need to learn now how to use guilt to my advantage. Isn't that what all mothers do?

7 comments:

A said...

Will be praying for great numbers! Post an update when you can :)

Praying for Hope said...

Still waiting.

Praying for Hope said...

1670! You don't make a hormonal woman wait for this stuff. No, no, no. Bad idea. I feel like I'm wired now.

Fertile Thoughts said...

Is 1670 your HCG level? If so, WONDERFUL! Let me know. I am praying for you and CONGRATULATIONS! I am so HAPPY for you :)
Praying for a happy and healthy nine months!
Amber

JellyBelly said...

I'm so sorry that I missed your news! Congrats and I hope that you get those numbers soon!!!!

prayerfuljourney said...

Sounds like all is good! Woohoo. Keep working on that positive attitude. :)

... said...

I wasn't sure either if that was your number. If so, GREAT NEWS!