Friday, January 21, 2011

The tiny terror




I was just about to blog when the tiny terror, the second love of my life, woke up. Bottle time.

Pause here for a short break. . . .

Typing one handed as she sucks down the bottle. How can one tiny person take so much time? I knew she would, but I was naive in thinking I'd have more time than I do. Would I change my situation if I could? No. No way on earth. She is the biggest challenge I have ever had, but I wouldn't change a thing.

Daycare starts on Monday. I go back to work the following Monday. I need the time at home to get things done that have gone by the wayside . . . like cleaning. This will be the last week I'll have to give the house anything resembling a thorough cleaning until she starts becoming more independent.

I will miss her, however. I already do. I had tears in my eyes as I was packing her daycare bag this morning. I hate the thought of leaving her in a stranger's care. But it has to be done.

I was also thinking about TTC. It's been a year since we last had to worry about it. I have not missed it. I haven't missed the stress of watching my cycle, timing our relations, taking medications, hoping it worked, and knowing that it didn't. We won't be going though that again. I can't say I'm entirely depressed about that. We are both happy where we are.

No comments: