Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tomorrow

I'm going to cry tomorrow when we drop our little girl off at daycare. I know this because I am crying now. For 15 weeks, she's been with us day in and day out. That changes tomorrow. Tomorrow, she starts a new phase in her life, and so do we. Tomorrow, she meets new people. Tomorrow, she meets children her own age. Tomorrow, she starts making friends.

Tomorrow, I start letting my little girl go.

It'll have to happen eventually. If not tomorrow, then next week when I return to work. If not next week, then when she starts school. I not when she starts school, when she goes to college. If not when she goes to college, when she finds someone special and marries him. I can't keep her with me forever, much as I'd like.

How did this happen in three short months?

3 comments:

Kim said...

It will be a tough day indeed, one of many moments of letting go physically, but she will always be your baby girl and thinking about returning home to her will make you smile everyday. Good luck!!

Second Chances said...

Oh gosh, I hope it went well.

Praying for Hope said...

We survived. The first day was rough . . . on me. She did fine.