Thursday, September 15, 2011

No fair this year

We were looking forward to taking Katie Girl to the Bloomsburg Fair this year. Well, we'll be looking forward to taking her to the Bloomsburg Fair next year instead: it's been cancelled. Flooding from the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee devastated our area, but it was worse up river. Their levels actually exceeded Agnes in '72. There's no way they'll be able to ready the fairgrounds in time for the 24th.

C'est la vie, I suppose. We'll have to settle for the Pumpkin Fest down the street. Still, that's something to look forward to. The last time we visited, I went into labor the next day. Good things come from the Pumpkin Fest.

Baby girl gets her flu booster today. Fun times. I hate having her stuck with needles. But better that than the alternative: flu with complications. I wouldn't put her through what I wouldn't go through myself. I be getting the flu shot for the first time this year, as well. The things I do for that little girl.

Kate's daycare teacher confirmed a suspicion I've had for a few weeks: she's a player. Kate is is part of the infant room for another few weeks until after she turns a year. Even so, she spends almost as much time in the young toddler room as she does with the infants. The other babies are too young to be much fun. She prefers crawling over to the toddlers to charm Mason and Bennett and pal around Sarah. That's no bad thing. It'll make the transition to the next level that much easier.

Well, yesterday for dinner, I gave Kate some peas. She threw every last one to the floor for the dachshund who duly ignored them in favor of . . . anything else. So what new with that? Most of her food ends up on the floor. Then I learned this morning that the toddlers had peas for lunch yesterday. Kathleen had wandered over in her casual fashion. Peas littered the floor, and - yes, I'm sure you know what happened next - she ate them! The little beggar ate them! Off the floor! She won't eat them for me, but she has nooooo problem picking them off the floor. Honestly. I've thought about giving her dinner on the floor to see what would happen, but it wouldn't do to start bad habits now.

No comments: