Do you know what makes a cranky baby happy in the morning? Chocolate. A coworker gave Kathleen a mini Hershey’s dark chocolate bar with Rice Crispies this morning. I didn’t think she’d eat it. Dark chocolate, chunky crispies – surely she’ll spit it out. I was wrong. She loved it. I spent our walk down to daycare avoiding chocolate smeared fingers and face while she finished off the bar. Lucky, lucky girl.
She’s continuing her Sadie boycott. It was “No, Sadie, no, Sadie” again this morning, and Sadie was across the room. Why? The only thing Sadie does is hover around Kate whenever she has food; otherwise, she avoids the noisy, rambunctious little person who once tried to sit on her. Is it one of those phases where she needs to have everything just so? I don’t know. Who can fathom the mind of a toddler? At least she didn’t throw her plate and cup at Sadie this morning.
I shouldn’t say this. I really shouldn’t say this. I’m going to jinx everything, I know. Brushing her teeth has been going well (KnockOnWoodKnockOnWoodKnockOnWoodKnockOnWood). I’ve found that if I approach her when she’s distracted by a Doc McStuffins or Mickey Mouse Club House I can get 30 – 60 seconds of brushing in with a finger brush. She’s calm. Her teeth are as clean as I can get them. There’s no sobbing or rolling around the room afterward in hysterics (Kathleen, not me – although I’ve been tempted). It’s nice. I hope it continues. I feel like a thug trying to pry her mouth open when she’s crying and trying to push my hands away.
No comments:
Post a Comment