Friday, January 4, 2013

One Amazing Boo

I was watching a series of videoes recently. They were taken last year at this time. They show Kathleen just after she started walking. I can't get over how much she's changed - how much she's grown since last year. Although I'd swear she hasn't changed a bit, those videoes tell me she's not the same baby. She's not a baby at all. I know when it happened: what I'd like to know is how? She speaks in sentences now. She barely had a handful words last year. She runs, hops, jumps, and skips these days. Last year she could barely keep herself upright as she mastered that jerky, new walker gate. She understands almost everything I say. She pretend plays. She feeds us tea. She's amazing. We may be only having one child, but the little person who came to us is perfection on two feet. We hit the jackpot.

No comments: