I still find it difficult to wrap my head around the fact that we ever had a baby. We did, I know. We must have. We have a four (four?) year old bopping around the house mentally wearing me out because that's what four year olds do. They're very good at it. It feels like she's been with us all our lives. I don't remember a life pre-Katie.
Excuse me a moment ...
Okay, I'm back. We're fighting a pink eye infection. The only time I can get the drops in her eyes is when she's asleep. The other way didn't end well. She inherited my stubborness, but her stubbornness is four and not open to reason so ... it didn't end well.
We returned from our second Disney World vacation last week. They were under the impression that we were celebrating Kathleen's birthday, an impression which we did not supply. We went with it when they began plying her with cupcakes at the character meals and birthday cards signed by all the characters. Cool!
It was a nice but hectic vacation. I have seen WDW described as a test of endurance. Yes. Yes, it is for all involved. It wore some little person out. Woe to anyone waking that someone once she falls asleep, even to board the bus back to our room for bed. My daughter is one who appreciates sleep while she's asleep very much. When she's awake, that's another story entirely. But she likes to have her sleep out once she achieves that blessed state.
Disney still seems to have that strange stroller fixation. Disney cast members cannot view an unattended stroller without feeling an uncontrollable urge to move it. I saw one cast member give in to the urge and walk two an eighth of a mile well out of sight range of the poor, unsuspecting stroller owners. There was no way they'd be finding them when they returned from wherever they were.
Even the strollers parked neatly in line within the designated stroller holding pens weren't safe. They were shifted elsewhere within the rows just to keep guests from becoming too complacent. One family had the right idea. They brought a bike lock for theirs. I tip my hat to them. Brilliant. I thought of that too but, alas, not until it was too late. Next year ...
We have had another baby announcement in my family. I don't believe I will ever lose that twinge of envy when I hear an announcement. I want another ... Well, we have our one, and she is perfect for us. Period. No use wishing for more. She is enough for our family.She is our Happy Thanksgiving every day of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment