She seemed to perk up after the incident. She had us take the long route to the car with pit stops in the newly renovated visitor center in the Capitol Building and at the big, plaza fountain which has been dyed pink in honor of breast cancer awareness. Since she seemed to be feeling well, we made another stop to see the ball clock machine at the downtown shopping plaza that I've been meaning to show her for four years. She was more interested in the Hallmark store where I let pick out a new toy for her birthday: a giant, pink Ty beanie fish and a rainbow hues Hello Kitty (okay, it was two toys).
She's been on the run since she got home. We watched three episodes of The Magic School Bus, ransacked the basement, threw a minor fit, played on the treadmill and weight machine, chased the pets, and now she's finally sacked out on the couch. I'm going to regret letting her nap this late in the day, but she needs the rest. Besides, I was in the middle of preparing dinner and didn't realize she'd fallen asleep until it was too late. Waking her before she's ready is like baiting a hibernating bear. She's already woken twice on her own with a grumble and a growl. I am not baiting the bear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brief break. The bear just woke soaked . . . and growling. Potty training takes a backslide when she isn't feeling well. I had to help her find some dry clothes and clean the couch. She's fallen asleep again. What a way to spend her birthday eve.

No comments:
Post a Comment