I'm happy to say that I'm on an even keel with TTC today. What's worrying me now is DH's job.
DH works a global organization which is supposedly based in the United States. The only problem is that it's growing harder and harder to call it a US company when most of the jobs are going overseas. For instance, they have a big project coming up for which they plan to utilize nearly 90% off-shore resources (i.e. people). That's not good. While the project does not specifically involve DH's portion of the account - the greater part of which is already off-shore - it's an indication of where his company is headed. Their US workforce has been steadily shrinking with round after round of layoffs for more than a year now as more positions are pushed off-shore. With every round, it's becoming more and more likely that my DH will be a part of them.
DH and I have money in the bank. We can survive for awhile as long as I still have my job. That's what has me concerned. My job isn't safe either. My employer started hinting at layoffs late last month. My department is targeted to lose 8.8% of its staff by July if my employer and the union can't reach a compromise. They're not even close.
I hope and pray that either DH or I (or preferably both of us) can keep can keep our jobs. Even so, I don't like this one little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment