I can't help but wonder my cycle is starting to fluctuate due to old eggs. I'll be 39 soon: they're not getting any younger. My FSH was around 8.5 when we tested back in May, not bad but not as low as I would have liked it. I realize it's too soon to jump to conclusions, but still . . . perimenopause has to start some time, doesn't it?
Then again, it could be the maca supplement I started taking in January (or was it December?). Maybe it's lengthening my follicular phase slightly. It's not particularly long to begin with, averaging 11 days. Maca is purported to help with egg quality. One can only hope that it's doing something positive (and one does, an awful lot; otherwise, one would not be taking it).
Time will tell, I suppose. In the meantime, 41 days until my next appointment with Dr. Stegman. Perhaps he can give us some guidance.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Time for my headphones. My coworker has started the baby talk again. 12 more weeks before she's due. 12 more long and grueling weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment