Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Spotting and Cats

I started spotting yesterday, way too soon. I'm only 9DPO today. I've never started spotting this early since I've been tracking, either through temperature or Creighton. I can't fool myself into thinking it could be implantation spotting. All of my PMS symptoms are gone: AF is on the way.

When I saw this, I thought to myself, "I try to put all my faith into God this cycle - to trust His ways and push away all doubts - and this is what I get?!" Hardly worth the effort, is it? I was well on my way to another melt down - tears were threatening in the shower - when something happened. We nearly lost our cat.

I regularly take our pup out for one last time before I go to bed. It's our routine. Muggles, our cat, was in the laundry room when Sadie and I went out the door last night. I let Sadie sniff around the house for about five minutes before bringing her back in. I treated Sadie, refilled Muggles' food bowl, put some treats in her bed, and began to search for her. She was nowhere in the house. Panic set in as I realized that I'd heard some strange noise outside when Sadie and I were out back. I'd put it down to a rabbit running through the tree line at the back of the yard. It could have been Muggles!

I ran outside with a flashlight calling her name. I searched the tree line fully knowing that it would be impossible to find her in there at night if she didn't want to be found. After making a circuit around the house, I approached our side porch, the one just outside the laundry room. There she was, nosing around the steps. I calmly walked towards her, picked her up, and took her into the house. I was so relieved, I opened the treat jar and loaded her with treats.

Our girl is primarily an inside cat, but I take her out on a leash on most days. I started that when she was a kitten so she wouldn't panic if she ever found herself locked outside. I know of indoor cats who panicked the moment they found themselves locked out and were found several days later cowering under a neighbor's bay window. They were too terrified to come out when called. I’m happy to say that Muggles reacted just as I'd hoped. She was calm. She didn't run when I approached. She didn't struggle as I carried her back inside (that's one of the reasons for the treats, and something I normally give her when I bring her back in - it makes coming inside a pleasant thing rather than a punishment). I was so happy.

After the adrenaline finally faded, I thanked God. I fully believe He had a hand in this whole scene to show me He's still here, working for me. I was beginning to doubt it. Am I happy about AF arriving entirely too soon? Not on your life, but I'll take it for what it is and move on. Somehow, some way, God is guiding me toward some end. I'd prefer we reach that end sooner than later - and I'd truly prefer that it end with a baby or two - but I'll take the reminder that I'm not in this alone.

3 comments:

A said...

Ughhh...I *hate* spotting, and I'm so sorry you're dealing with it!! I hope God will give you a sense of peace about it- it sounds like maybe He already has.

So glad you found your cat- I know I would have been panicking, too!

I left you an award on my blog!

prayerfuljourney said...

Oh yeah...I'd be in a panic mode if my cat got out especially at night. He's escaped a few times but didn't move fast enough so we were able to catch him. We take our cat out on a harness and leash too. He loves going outside. That for him is a treat in itself.

I really haven't had any spotting since my surg and this past cycle I took a prog gel suppository so no spotting. Actually, this type of prog or brand worked out well for me. I did feel better. That is good for I know I need prog. Have you tried progesterone? A lot of people take prometr.ium pills but that stuff gave me an upset stomach.

And you are not in this alone at all. I really do need the support this blog offers since ALL of my friends are fertile and have no clue what it's like to deal with IF for as long as I've been dealing with it. God Bless.

Living Advent said...

I'm sorry about AF coming on. And so glad that you were able to find Muggles quickly! You're in our prayers!