A real vacation? We went to Niagara for a few days last year, but now were actually thinking about taking a cruise. To the Caribbean. For ten days. In January.
Yes!
We're probably crazy. DH's employer is still threatening layoffs and I'm working for free until the PA governor and legislature finally hammer out a budget. But I will be paid eventually - and hopefully still have a job at the end of it - and DH's employer will probably be threatening layoffs in the US from now until they cost cut themselves out of business or DH retires (assuming he hasn't been laid off first). A vacation like that would be wonderful. I haven't been on a cruise in ten years.
The cruise is being offered through the employee recreation association for state employees. We and whoever signs up for the trip, will leave here by bus, ride directly to the ship in port in NYC, and set off for warm weather, good food, and tons or romance and relaxation. Once we're back in port, we'd travel back home by bus again. No plane. More importantly, no airports. No being treated like criminals and 2nd class citizens from the moment we enter the first airport terminal to the moment we exit the last. And I know my luggage will still be with me when we get there. What's more, I won't have to pay extra to bring it. Imagine! It's like a fantasy.
I honestly can't believe we're seriously discussing this. I've been hinting at a cruise with DH since 2000. We always agreed we'd go on one together eventually (I went with a college roommate/friend last time), but I came to the conclusion that "eventually" wouldn't be for another 10 or 20 years. I could be wrong. I don't mind being wrong when it's something like this.
Of course, they may not let me on the ship if I'm more than 24 weeks pregnant. (Snort) Like that'll be a problem. Of course, I wouldn't mind being wrong about that either.
4 comments:
A cruise sounds wonderful and isn't it a blessing to have something like that to look forward too? My hubs and I are discussing a nice vacation around Christmas since we are both in the education field and will have the time to travel. We are thinking Bran.son, MO. Go see some shows and relax in warmer weather. Right now...I need to have something to look forward too. I hope it works out...Happy Planning!!! God Bless.
Ooh, that sounds AWESOME. I've never been on a cruise - I'm not much of a sun/beaches person, but when I heard about cruises that take you to various ports in Europe, and Alaskan cruises, I thought the idea might be worth looking into...
HA! I busted out laughing at this because I would think the exact same thing: "Of course, they may not let me on the ship if I'm more than 24 weeks pregnant. (Snort) " Ha! I can 100% say I have thought this 30 times over the last 2 years!
I haven't ever been on a cruise, but I hear they are awesome! What a great opportunity!
ooooh a cruise sounds like so much fun!
just like A, i can so relate to the "but what if i'm pregnant" thought... i can't count the number of times i've thought the same thing.
i hope the vacation works out - it sounds like it would be great!
Post a Comment