- We're doing a limited hormonal profile since the last we did was May 2008. I've been spotting at odd times, so I guess he wants to see where we are.
- We're also doing an ultrasound series to monitor follicle development. How well my body is doing there will determine which course we take for ovulation stimulation.
- For ovulation stimulation, we'll most likely start with Femara (Dr. S doesn't like Clomid's drying effects). If that's not doing much, we can move on to a low dose LH/FSH injectable such as Repronex. That option is expensive since it will also include closer monitoring trough ultrasound to ensure we're not over stimulating. DH and I are debating that one. Insurance will likely not cover it, and I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be spending that much money given the potential for lay off for either DH or me. We'll cross that bridge if we get to it. I have faith in the Femara.
- We're also doing a food sensitivity test to see if I'm sensitive to anything. We'll have a problem if I happen to have a gluten intolerance or lactose intolerance. I'm a lacto ovo vegetarian. A good portion of my diet is based on wheat products and I use cheese to add flavor and depth to much of what I make for myself.
- I'll be doing a 5 day course of Amoxicillin per cycle starting on CD8 for the next five months to increase CM. Dr. S says there are two parts to reproduction - the man and the woman - and the goal is to get both parts functioning optimally. When one side has problems, as long as the other is strong and healthy, it can help offset some of other side's problems. So we try to continue improving CM.
That's it in a nutshell. My next appointment it November 11. We'll see where this takes us.
I decided to order a Lactobacillus supplement to use in conjunction with the Amoxicillin. Dr. S warned us that antibiotics can increase the potential for a yeast infection. I don't have a huge problem in that area, but I've never taken a course of antibiotics either.
I refuse to get my hopes up yet: I've had too many disappointments. I am happy that we're doing something, at least. Instead of jogging in place, we're taking a few tentative steps forward toward our goal. I pray to God - literally - we're headed in the right direction. We need the guidance.
5 comments:
Sounds like a great game plan- I sure hope God uses it in a big way!
Good luck with it all. I find it so interesting that there are so many "things" out there we can do when it comes to IF. There's always a vitamin, injectible, pill of some sort...so many ways to improve our fertility..but I know you know...the one who is the best medicine is our Dear Lord. Praying our Almighty One gives you strength as you endure another treatment plan and praying He blesses you too. Sounds like you had a hopeful appt. :)
Dr. S. makes my heart flutter! SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PLAN!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds rock solid to me. In re yeast (delightful) - Dr. L told me that because the dosage is for such a short period, they don't expect it to cause infection. It didn't in my case (I, like you, have never had any such infections. I know some women are just prone to them and some are not). I have heard that eating yogurt (= good bacteria) can head that problem off, but I loathe yogurt like death, so I definitely didn't have any of that, and I was still fine. Good luck this time!!!
That sounds like a serious game plan! Best wishes!
Post a Comment