Friday, September 25, 2009

Now it's CD1

Actually, it's CD2 today. Things finally grew heavy enough early yesterday evening to call it AF. She has a malicious sense of timing, AF. I knew in my heart of hearts she would come just after I cancelled the blood draw. Well, CD1 would have been too soon to test FSH anyway.

On the non-TTC side of my life, we're headed for the Bloomsburg Fair this weekend. Tons of food. I don't go for the crafts anymore - we have enough tchotchke in the house - but all that freshly fried, baked, squeezed, and churned food is another story. Well, perhaps not the fried food so much these days, but I will indulge in one cup of fried veggies. I am drooling over the thought of ice cream, apple dumplings, sticky toffee pudding, sticky buns, pizza, and freshly squeezed orange juice and apple cider. There's more. I know there's more - that list is entirely too shot - but I can't think of it. Ohh, ohh! Milk shakes!

Hmmmm, list is still too short.

5 comments:

prayerfuljourney said...

That food fest, if you will, sounds like a fun day for fall (I'm staying away from fried foods myself since the discovery of my slighly enlarged gallbladder). Maybe this fall, I'll see if my parents want to go to an apple orchard for special apple cidar donuts and a hayride. It's the fall thing to do around here. We can go during the week when it's not so crowded..the weekends are bad. Your post reminded me of the apple orchard.
I get so frustrated when AF plays little games. Actually, I haven't had any spotting since my lap surg. I just realized that today. Glad it came so you can get your blood draw done and move on. Many blessings.

... said...

I would love to try sticky toffee pudding! For some reason, I've managed to go my whole life without trying it, but I fell in love the HD ice cream sticky toffee pudding. Sounds like a very fun time.

A said...

So sorry about AF, but YUM about the fair!!

the misfit said...

This fair intrigues me. What does it feature besides fabulous fair food?

Praying for Hope said...

Hmmm, the usual state fair stuff: crafts, games, rides, livestock, concerts and shows, a demolition derby, horse racing, agricultural exhibits and contests all covering about 10 acres of fair grounds.