Saturday was my 40th birthday. Not much fanfare. DH and I drove to Hershey Pantry for a huge breakfast where I spied some truly massive muffins filled with sweetened cream cheese, one of which came home with us. Then we took a quick trip to Chocolate World to pick up a White Chocolate Mousse cake. I'm minimizing caffeine these days, so DH thought that cake might be just the cake for me. He was right. It was delicious.
Anyway, life after 40 doesn't look much different from life before. I'm the same me that I ever was. I'm no older, no wiser, no grumpier, no cheerier. I'm me.
I will say the transition between 30s and 40s isn't so bad. Every decade that I've lived has been better than the last. There's no way I'd ever go back to my 20s. I'm not sure I'd want to repeat my 30s either (although I wouldn't mind repeating my wedding day, the most perfect day of my life, just once). I like who and where I am now. The 40s are going to be a great decade. If the trend continues, the 50s will be even better.
I'm content. Who can ask for more than that?
8 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday!! I was actually very happy to read this because once again you inspired me. I am probably one of the "older" ladies on here and 40 is quickly approaching for me...so it's nice to see you got your BFP at 39!!!I would love to follow your lead.
Yay for being content, you are right, who can ask for more?!
Happy happy birthday! My husband is a bit older than I and turned 40 a couple years ago (same b/d as you!) and said it was wonderful. I'm glad to hear this because turning 30 was weirdly traumatic for me. Anyway, happy birthday again! Enjoy your treats!
Happy birthday from one AMA to another.
(I got my + at age 37.)
;)
Happy belated birthday!
Oh! Have you told your mother yet? I remember you worrying about it, but may have missed a post if you talked about how it went.
Happy belated birthday!!!! Wishing you many more blessings!
No, we haven't told family yet. That will be this weekend. The entire family is getting together for Easter. Perfect timing.
Happy birthday!
Post a Comment