I’m sure I will regret thinking this let alone putting it in writing, but Kathleen may be getting over the current cold du jour. I put her to bed in her crib last night along with the vaporizer on the floor. She slept well, better than she does in the swing. She’d been waking at 5:00 AM in the swing, but she slept until about 6:30 this morning. Not worrying about waking her up made it much easier to pump. It wasn’t bad getting to sleep in my own bed either.
I may have kept her in the swing longer if she hadn’t developed the nerve-wracking habit of pulling the blanket over her face when she wakes up (and keeping it there when she falls back asleep) and her head hadn’t begun lolling forward while she sleeps. She may be outgrowing the swing. She's a long little girl: the seat doesn’t support her like it once did. I was looking at some pictures from when she was a month old: it’s incredible how much more of it she fills out. That and the blanket we place over her used to cover her from shoulders to toes. Now, it barely covers her lap. In fact, if we want to keep her feet covered – an impossible feat (no pun intended) when she’s awake – it doesn’t cover her lap at all.
She’s turning into Chatty Katie again. DH loves to hear it. He’ll pause or mute whatever he’s watching so he can listen to her. Her repertoire now includes screeches and “man noises” (imagine a trying to go to the bathroom while constipated and you'll know what man noises sound like) along with the usual coos and gurgles. It’s awfully cute.
She let loose with a string of conversation at church on Saturday. The two older women sitting behind us were enchanted with her. I could hear the awwws and ooooohs. They commented how well behaved she was and how big her eyes are. They think she’s just beautiful. Who are we to disagree?
I love to see how much she’s developing. She knows her bottle when she sees it now. She knows exactly what it’s for. Twice now I’ve held her and her bottle as I’ve settled myself on the couch to feed her and before I’m ready or aware of it, she’s latched on, sucking away with enthusiasm. The girl knows what she wants.
Ironic. As I was writing the above paragraph, her daycare person called to tell me she’s refusing to take her bottle. She won’t suck. It’s been a little over three hours since her first bottle this morning: she may not be hungry yet. I hope that’s all it is. She ate well this weekend and early this morning.
4 comments:
Aw. Can we get a picture?!
I hope to have pictures again eventually. We have a new computer at home which we're trying to set up.
Oh gotcha.
I hope she keeps feeling better! It is no fun having a sick baby.
Post a Comment