I hate hearing the rattling in her nose and sinuses (maybe chest, too, but I don't think so) whenever she breathes. I hate hearing the cough, cough, cough, cough, blah, gag as the phlegm drips down her throat and she does that lovely cough/spit-up combo to bring it back up again. I hate having to chase after her poor little nose with the tissues and the bulb syringe and the saline spray while she screams and thrashes her head about. I hate that we're still putting her in the swing to sleep next to the humidifier to keep the crud in her head and chest loose and draining. I want everything back to normal.
I am thankful that she's continuing to eat normally (knock on wood). I'm not over last weekend's series of half finished bottles and dehydration worries. Every bottle she finishes is a benison to me. I am very happy that she's acting almost normally, too, playing, smiling, etc. She's considerably more clingy that she has been, but aside from that, the snot, and the coughing, she's doing well.
I can't wait until the pediatrician appointment on Thursday. It's a the usual well-baby appointment where she'll be measured and weighed and receive her next series of vaccinations. I do not look forward to the vaccinations themselves (who wants to stand by while someone sticks sharp objects into her child?), but I do welcome the opportunity to see if this cold is truly on the way out. If it is, it's taking its sweet time about it. If not, then I want to do whatever we need to do to kick it to the curb.
There are some upsides to this cold (although I'd gladly forego them to have Katie girl back to usual, healthy self):
- I'm getting plent of quality Kathleen time as she's reluctant to have DH or me out of reach while she's awake . . . and she's awake a lot these days.
- The couch is surprisingly comfortable, a good thing since that's my bed until we can put Kathleen back in her crib to sleep.
- Muggles, our cat, is keeping me company during the night, nestling in between my legs while I sleep. I love waking up to a load of cat weighing me down (no sarcasm, I really do).
- We're definitely getting out money's worth out of that swing.
No comments:
Post a Comment