Thursday, May 10, 2012

Continued Good Vibes for Little Scarlett

Scarlett come through surgery as well as can be, but it was extensive, and she still has to get through the recovery. Keep her in mind. She and her parents needs all the positive thought, vibes, and prayers they can get. No child should ever need to go through this.

I feel terrible for her parents. No one wants to see their babies go through anything like this. It's our job to protect them and to keep them from hurting. But they had no choice but to subject her to this. It must tear them up to see her so swollen and know she must be in pain. It doesn't matter that she will never remember this when she's older. They will. And they're all living through it now. All they can do is be there for her while she battles through the pain and confusion of what's happened to her.

I pray every day that her recovery is quick, uneventful, and as painless and comfortable as it possibly can be. And I pray that she's not afraid.

There's a silly, little prayer I always say when I leave my daughter's room after putting her down for a nap or bed. I started it when SIDS was always uppermost in my thoughts, and I still say it because I love my baby girl.

God, please surround her with your guardian angels to watch over her and keep her safe while she sleeps and when she wakes, now, through the years, the decades, and throughout a long and wonderful life.

Well, I say if for Scarlett now.

No comments: