Noooo! She really is growing up. Miss Mae was noting in Kathleen’s class journal as I walked in yesterday about an incident that had just occurred. Baby girl wet her diaper, signaled it as it was happening, and grabbed her front like she does with a messy diaper. When Miss Mae asked if she needed a change, she ran to the changing table. This from a girl to whom changing tables are anathema.
I was taking pictures of her last night before bed. The light coming in from the window where she was standing was perfect. She was dipping her toothbrush in a cup full of water, every child’s favorite pastime. I snapped a few shots then looked at my work. In some of those pictures, she’s my baby, just as she has always been. In others . . . I can see the preschooler in her face. It stands out along with those big, blue eyes. My baby is leaving her baby years behind her too quickly.
We hit a great moment in mealtimes: it’s just too bad neither DH nor I got to experience it. Daycare had sloppy joes for lunch yesterday. Normally, Kathleen eats the roll and leaves the rest. Yesterday? She ate everything. All the meat, the roll, two apple sauces . . . the only thing she didn’t eat was the green beans. It was enough to make her daddy proud we he learned of it. He’s no longer the only carnivore in the house. Now if we could only get her to eat her veggies, too, we’d have one well-rounded little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment