There is no possible way that it's been 20 years since I graduated college. But it must be, because this past weekend I attended my 20 year reunion. I distinctly remember the first twenty years of my life to be never ending. It would be eons looking forward to the day when I'd no longer be saddled with school, homework, and tests. Looking back at the last 20 years . . .I think I blinked and missed it.
It was good reunion. We took the baby girl, of course, but she behaved remarkably well for the long day she had. We made it just in time for my class picture and the picnic lunch under the tent next to the incredible extension to the gym they built some time during the previous five years. (A climbing wall? Really?) After that, I raided the bookstore for some kids clothes (and one really cute baseball cap) before we took a walk through campus. Ah, memories. We strolled through town taking in some of the sights while I related stories about various shops and restaurants (LD's!) from my college days.
We found a wine shop which we'd been intending to visit last year. Let me just say two words: chocolate wine. Yes, chocolate. It has a unique smell and taste. The after taste - oh, yes, the choclate comes out and lingers in your mouth. I can just see that with a sweet dessert. I'm thinking tirmisu.
One day DH and I are going to have to leave the baby girl with a sitter for a couple of hours and drive down to one of the new restaurants that have popped up there. It's less than an hour's drive. There looks to be some good ones that I'd love to try. We can have a nice glass of wine. We can talk. We can savor our food without worrying about inevitable meltdowns, screeching, food throwing, and just plain impatience. We can have the opportunity to be a husband and wife again. I'm sure we'll spend the time talking about out little girl and missing her, but every relationship needs a good date night now and then.
Hm, I've gone off on a tangent. Well. I'll finish by saying that I look forward to the next 20 years. I am positive that they'll go by as quickly. But they'll be a great 20 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment