While we were driving home from daycare yesterday I kept glancing at Kathleen in the rearview mirror. I swore she had something in her mouth. I had no idea what it could be. It couldn’t be the barrette since that was still in place underneath her G-burg hat. I hadn’t given her anything to eat. There was nothing else within reach back there that I knew of that she could have fit in her mouth. I finally decided that she must be feeling a tooth coming in with her tongue.
It wasn’t until I was unstrapping her from her seat that she motioned toward her mouth and opened it. Out came a rock the size of a large marble. Where on earth had that come from?! I was horrified. What if she had swallowed it? What if she had choked on it? Was it in the mouth the whole time since daycare? But how could it be? She was laughing with Anshul right before we left - big belly giggles. Where could she have picked that up? I thought she was over the putting things in her mouth stage.
This little girl is going to do everything in her power to keep me on my toes. Let’s just pray that I can keep a step ahead of her – for her own good.
3 comments:
This stage is full of challenges, Joseph is trying to put non-food objects in his mouth!
What a surprise for mommy!!
Joseph puts everything in his mouth but he hasn't discovered rocks YET!!
It is amazing the things our little ones can find!! So glad everything is OK. I too hope I can keep up with my little guy!!
Post a Comment