Okay, how's this for a joke? Our neighbors across the street - tell me if you've heard this one before - our neighbors across the street are both in their 40s. He travels weekly for his job. She just finished some very time consuming studies to earn a degree in massage therapy and had absolutely no spare time for about two straight years. They're not TTC. And - oh, you'll never guess - this is so funny, I can barely contain myself! - and they're pregnant! Oh, my goodness, Isn't that a hoot!? I'm laughing so hard I can barely keep from falling out of my chair!!! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
That was my weekend.
5 comments:
That had to hurt.
GEEZ. I think I would have had to laugh, too. What else can you do?!
A small part of me that I try to repress thinks, in such situations, that the real humor would be if it weren't his. BUT I DIDN'T SAY THAT.
Well...I read that and thought" in their 40's? So there's hope for me?" I guess the part that they weren't even TTC'ing is the stinger. BTW: I've heard/read that hormones are constantly changing as we get older (eh hem...40's)...so it's not uncommon for women who are not "trying" to conceive. So what could be an unexpected surprise for one could be a pleasant one for others.... :)
My grandparents had their youngest when she was 41 and he was 45, and they most definitely were not trying (although I understand my grandfather was quite proud of himself when he'd found Nanny was pregnant again). I keep hoping reproductive longevity resides in my genes somewhere. Let's hope all of our fluctuating hormones keep fluctuating back to baby making mode and give us a very nice surprise.
Post a Comment