Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My fertility theory

I am a fertility magnet. Not with my own fertility, of course, but the fertility of those around me. Anyone in my vicinity will, given the opportunity, become pregnant within a year, TTC or not. Whether it be a 20 year old woman or an 80 year old man, it doesn't matter. All those around me, as long as they're not actually me or my husband, will have a child. I am blessed with an awesome power. . . . . How do I reverse the polarity?

3 comments:

... said...

If your powers are as strong as you think they are, I might have to come visit.

I know it stinks and it always feels like your the only parentless person around.

the misfit said...

There must be other IFers who share this power. (I, personally, do not have it to a disproportionate degree. Sure, people around me get pregnant, but I also know *lots* of people who have been married for years with no kids - not people I'm close enough to to ask or with whom I spend a ton of time, but question-mark people, who, I guess, make me feel better about my barren life.)

Anyway, there's a perfect solution to this. You don't have to cross the streams - just spend all your time with another fertility magnet. To give is to receive, and whatnot. (BTW, if you do this and it works, I am totally going to get some science lab to study you.)

prayerfuljourney said...

I think I have some of those powers too. When my friend told me a few weeks ago that her daughter (who we know) has been TTC'ing for the last year...w/o success...I knew in my heart..she'll be pregnant soon. That is how it ALWAYS happens. Ugh!!!!!