Monday, December 14, 2009

Looking back at old times

I found an old journal that I'd started keeping in 1993, a few months before I met DH. Of course, finding a treasure like that, it was all but a requirement that I go back and read the bits surrounding the time of our first date. It turns out that I first mentioned him about one month before he asked me out. He was nice, he was interesting, and even if nothing came of it (which I fully believed would be the case), it was nice to have a friend to talk to during class.

What's more interesting is what I wrote the next day. That was the day that I'd had my flash of foresight. I knew with no uncertainty that I'd be married. I could see it. I could feel it, and it felt so real. This was incredible when you consider that I'd doubted that I'd ever meet anyone. At the ripe old age of 23, I had resigned myself to reluctant spinsterhood.

I read a few entries to DH: the first one, the one about getting married, the one after our first date, and another. I thought he'd get a laugh out of it. It certainly made him smile. I don't think he realized that I was attracted to him before he asked me out. Judging by my reaction when he invited me to Perkins after class, I'm not surprised. It was silence, glaring silence as I played back his invitation in my head to make sure he was asking what I thought he was asking. It turns out he was. :)

****************************************************************

Oh, give me a break. Another Facebook prenancy announcement from a couple in their 40s whom, I assume, given that this is their first and they've been married for more than a decade, were suffering from IF until they reconnected with me, the bonafide Fertility Magnet. How do I find the $%@#*) reverse switch?

(I don't begrudge them their miracle, but what about me!?)

2 comments:

... said...

That's sweet. When moving I found some letters DH wrote to me and it made my day. Isn't it funny to look back and see what was going through your mind then?

Geesh. Sorry about yet another announcement. I was skeptical about your powers at first, but now I'm a believer.

prayerfuljourney said...

I think I'll keep blogging with you incase that fertility magnet you seem to have rings true...haaaa!!! Just kidding! THat is sweet that you found your journal. I have mine too. I'll admit that at first I wasn't too sure what to make of my dh when I met him. I was so tired of the dating game and all of that stuff. I'm so thankful I gave him a chance. I couldn't be happier.