Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Another dream

And this one was vivid enough to wake me up. I dreamed we finally had a BFP. I POAS'd, looked at the stick, and there it was, the ever elusive second line. It didn't register at first, but once I truly saw it, I gasped and jerked awake, and my eyes popped open in shock. It was so very, very real. Very strange.

As usual, I don't believe this was prophetic in any way, merely coincidence. DH and I watched Marley & Me last night. If you ever saw the movie, you know there's a scene where Jennifer Aniston is staring at a sink full of positive pregnancy tests. That, coupled with the fact that I'm expecting AF in a day or two is most likely what prompted the dream. Really, how could a scene like that not stick in one's mind at the end of the 2WW?

Fortunately (or unfortunately), all the signs are leading toward AF. I was able to keep any surge of hope elicited by the dream well in check. No miracle for us this cycle. More importantly, no roller coaster of misery, either.

4 comments:

prayerfuljourney said...

Hey, you are doing good when there isn't that rollar coaster of misery anymore. You have found that inner strength. I feel the same way..I just move on..no disappointments, no crying or moping around..I just say "Oh well, such is my life" and I go have my coffee! :) I haven't seen that movie yet. I heard it was cute.

I did have a dream long ago that I was giving birth...felt so real. When I woke up I just had to lay there for awhile. At that time..that dream gave me hope. Ha! Now, I know it was just a dream..a lovely game my mind likes to play while I'm asleep. LOL!

... said...

2 ww always bring me crazy dreams. I've stopped having them lately, but try not to read too much into it.

Sew said...

The 2ww makes me crazy too....>Though I put no hope in this cycle so I'm just waiting for my period.

I must say that I read into those dreams all the time. Positive pregnancy test dreams are wonderful, then you wake up. ;(

Cathy said...

Oh my gosh.
I'm so glad you've documented this past two weeks. Reading these posts again is now joyful.