Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Some positives of pregnancy

. . . beyond the obvious, of course.
  1. Cars actually stop for you so you can cross the street (except if you're in downtown Harrisburg where they speed up the moment they spy a pedestrian of any sort. They need to rack up their points somehow - bonus points for pregnant women and anyone with a cane or a wheelchair).
  2. Shaving. I can't easily reach my legs to shave, but I don't need to. I attempt to shave every-other-day, but I don't think I need to do it even that often. It's wonderful!
  3. Everyone wants me to get me a chair.
  4. Pickles really do taste better.
  5. Nutella and potato chips are Heaven and peanut butter is delicious on everything.
  6. I know my blood type.
  7. I know my blood pressure.
  8. I don't need to change the litter box (although I do feel for DH).
  9. My most recent passport photo looks awesome. Pregnancy glow or out of focus camera? Who knows and who cares?
  10. I can get away with wearing sneakers at work all day.

5 comments:

Second Chances said...

Amen! Great pluses. I've definitely noticed the "cars slow down and let you cross" one a lot. Another plus: places that have "expectant mother" parking! So great!

Cathy said...

Bonus bonus: In the line for the church restroom (and it's a gigantic line), I *always* got asked if I wanted to go first.
It was great!

I felt so good about myself while I was pregnant. It really changed my outlook on my body. Women are amazing and they are all beautiful. Glory to God for the biological way He made us.

Oh, and my hair stopped falling out. I've always lost strands of hair when running my fingers through my hair. Of course, after childbirth, it started falling out worse (not from the top - entire strands of hair). Fortunately it's not making me bald, and I have plenty to lose...It's just exceptionally annoying. And drain-clogging.

T said...

Good for you :)

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

I love the positives!! :)

Kim said...

Loved this lit, lots of positives to look forward too!