And sweet potatoes, and prunes, and other colorful fruits and veggies. How do I get them out of her clothing? The sweet potatoes, I've found, are the worst. Unless we soak her outfits immediately, the stains don't come out. It's easy enough when we're at home, but they have all day to marinate when they happen at daycare. I can get out even dried BM stains, but sweet potatoes confound me.
We've had a good bit of wet weather over the month of April and into May. This has initiated our annual ant problem. Our house - the entire neighborhood - was built on an ant hill. That is my only explanation as to why the Spring rains always drive them into the house. We have yet to find where they're getting in. I hope we have a few dry days soon to encourage them to go back out. I hate spraying ant killer with pets and a baby in the house.
We need to keep Muggles' food bowl on top of the washer; otherwise, it's infested with ants in no time. Poor cat. It confuses her when it's not in her usual spot. She's definitely a cat of habit. Sadie's bowl is in the living room (the separation keeps her from eating the cat food), a place where the ant problem isn't so noticeable.
Baby girl is sleeping well at night, but I still find myself checking on her five or six times before bed. SIDS: the thought of it haunts me. I'd have been thrilled to have been told our odds of having a child with Down's Syndrome were 1 in 2000. I was perfectly happy and comfortable with the 1 in 100 chance given us due to our ages. That turned out well. Why can't I believe that this won't turn out just as perfectly?
I read something that helped put it into perspective. Let's say the chance of a child being taken by SIDS is 1 in 1000 (this is a number the article used by way of example). That's over the course of an entire year. Nightly, it equates to about chance of only 1 in 360,000. That's a number I can appreciate. That's exactly the perspective I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment