My blog headings are inspired any more.
Anyway, today is our first parent-teacher conference with Kathleen's teacher. I'm looking forward to it. I think she's making remarkable progress. Her teacher noted on the preview paper that our baby girl still is not keen on tummy time and that she's not holding herself as much as she could be. What I see, though, is day and night. She could be on her tummy at all without a screaming fit in February. Now after 3-1/2 months in daycare, she can go a good five minutes or longer before she acts minimally fussy. And she's holding herself up well. Yesterday, she actually pivoted 100 degrees. The pediatrician is happy where she is. So am I.
Speaking of the pediatrician, her last well-baby appointment went well. She's 27.5 inches and 17 lbs, 2.5 ozs. That puts her into the 87th and 54th percentiles, respectively. Her head circumference took a jump. She's in the 83rd percentile there which explains why I can't get most of her 6 - 9 month shirts over her head. The doctor says due to her length and head size, learning to coordinate these things to become mobile will probably take longer than it does for smaller children. In her words, it's usually the little peanuts who are cruising around at this age before their larger peers. Our little brazil nut is not one of the cruisers . . . yet.
I was somewhat concerned about the size of her head, but I'm keeping my worries in check. She was only in the 50-something percentile at her 5-month appointment. Such a large jump can indicate problems. The pediatrician expressed no concerns, however. Nothing else is off about her, and her head circumference is still within the acceptable range. Besides, I don't know how many times since Kate was born that MIL has mentioned DH's big head as a baby. I think she comes by it honestly.
We have a second tooth. It must have erupted sometime this weekend. I thought I felt it on Saturday. I know for certain I saw it yesterday. Her teething has been surprisingly low key. She's not overly cranky. The only change I can see is that she's not sleeping as late as she was. She's waking up between 4:30 AM and 5:30 AM rather than sleeping until 6:30. I'm not sure that's not something to do with constipation. She sleeps much better after a day of squash, prunes, and bottles laced with prune juice.
1 comment:
She sounds like such a fun little girl!
Post a Comment