Kate couldn’t decide what kind of mood she was in after we got home from work. Was she tired, happy, hungry, grumpy, indifferent – she just didn’t know. She fussed before dinner, I gave her dinner, she was happy. She fussed before DH left for his meeting, DH soothed her into a doze, we were happy. She fussed royally when she woke up, I gave her a bath, she was not happy at all, we gave up the bath. I think we can safely say that she was moody.
This new cold is still developing, and it’s impacting her temper. She wants to be happy. She wants to play. But her nose is stuffy, she can’t breathe, she’s tired, and she probably feels achy. That’s a lot for a little girl to handle at once. Top that off with all the effort she’s putting into trying to walk – and you know that takes work coordinating feet, legs, balance, and concentration – and you can hardly blame her if she can’t figure out what sort of humor she want to be in today. It’s a tough life being a baby – I’m sorry, a toddler.
No comments:
Post a Comment