DH and I were talking about her firsts not long ago and the fact that we'd probably miss most of them since she's in daycare full-time. We missed her first crawl and her first roll-over, and we are completely prepared to miss plenty more. We are fine with that. Even when she does something in daycare first, when we see it, it will still be a first for us and we will treasure it just as much.
Well, it turns out we didn't miss the first steps. :) She walked today! She took two unassisted steps this morning before we left for school/work and both of us were there to see it! She doesn't know she did it, so I don't expect to see it on a regular basis, but I am thrilled about it. I'm as proud as a parent could be.
On the cold front, she still has one. I remain convinced it's RSV since it's hanging on for dear life. It may - may - be getting better (knock on wood). Let's hope so. I hate seeing her that uncomfortable. If I could be sick in her place, I would.
She says meow now. She picked it up from the cat. That proves she's my daughter, all right. My first word was meow, taught to me by my grandparents' cat. Like mother, like daughter.
1 comment:
Hooray for steps and meows! And double hooray for witnessing those first steps! :) So precious!
Post a Comment