We had our follow up appointment to discuss the results from last month's blood work and ultrasounds. The good news: FSH and LH looked great! I was concerned about that given the number of follicles I managed to produce. I'm also ovulating very well on my own which means we will not be taking the Femara route yet. We probably will try a 3 - 4 month course of ovulation stimulation if we get nowhere (i.e. still baby-less) by the follow up appointment in March.
The not so good but not terrible news: progesterone, TSH, and Reverse T3. Progesterone started out slightly low but not terrible, but it dropped off very quickly after P+5. TSH and Reverse T3 weren't hovering in the stratosphere but both were slightly high indicating a tendency toward hypothyroidism (that could explain my absolute inability to stay awake on the couch). That means I am now on progesterone and thyroid support. I get to add more pills to my collection of vitamins and other prescriptions all aimed at TTC. Well, I suppose the progesterone support isn't technically a pill since it won't be entering my body by way of my mouth. . . .
The depressing news: Dr. S still hasn't spoken with the Philly urologist. He will, of course, but he says there isn't much that can be done for forward progression. So how on earth are we going to get pregnant if the boys adamantly refuse to get off their Barcoloungers and find the lousy egg? It doesn't matter if I produce ten eggs a pop if the sperm are incapable of reaching them.
2 comments:
I think motivational talks. Strongly worded. Enjoy that thyroid! I have heard stories of miraculously elevated energy, but I ain't got none of that here. Maybe when I get my behind in gear and get the natural stuff...
What, talks like, "C'mon boys! You can do it! I believe in you" First one there gets a prize!"? I believe DH tried that once, now that I think about it. He gave the a good cheering on after he delivered them.
Post a Comment