Not much to post. I'll take that as a good thing considering some of the things that have prompted me to post lately (frustrations, vents . . . you know).
I believe the thyroid medication is having an impact. I had my hair done yesterday and found it nearly impossible to sit still. I wanted to dance in my chair, something I don't normally recommend when someone with scissors is fussing with your hair. I managed to keep myself still enough to prevent any unintentional bald spots, although I am certain there is less hair there than the stylist had intended. Afterwards, I drove home and couldn't stop gabbing at my husband. I don't remember what I had to talk about. I'm not sure that it mattered, either: I was in the mood to chat. And this was only on half a tablet. I don't start the full tablets until tomorrow. Poor DH may have to endure the re-emergence of Chatty Cathy as I lose control of my mouth.
I learned from someone on my trying-for-a-baby board that high TSH can have a huge impact on TTC. According to her doctor, women with evidence of thyroid disease can't get and/or maintain a pregnancy with TSH levels higher than 1 or 2. Mine measured 4.9. Combining that with DH's motility issues, on a scale of slim to none, that would make our chances for a biological child none. Geez. I will embrace the Armour Thyroid if it can push us back towards the slim end of the scale.
On the job front, my coworker (or co-irker, as an understanding online friend labels her) who graced (okay, plagued) my working life with 9 straight months of baby talk is returning from maternity leave on Thursday. Given that she's been gone for six months, I feel safe in saying that she'll be too busy trying to catch up with work to keep up the "my darling baby" chatter for more than a few minutes at a time. For those inevitable minutes she does find, I have my headphones at the ready. As a former Girl Scout, I firmly believe in being prepared.
2 comments:
I hope the thyroid meds can get your levels to where your doc would like to see them! And goodness gracious, good luck with the co-irker coming back from maternity leave!! I am so glad I work from home... ;-)
wow. good luck with the co-irker. thank goodness you had a 6 month reprieve!
that would be great if the thyroid meds are THE drug to level you out!
Post a Comment