Thanks to a chance remark by Sew a week or two ago, I am looking forward to something which, before this weekend, I hadn't had in years: a spaghetti sandwich. I used to make them on a regular basis as a child - I loved them - then I grew up.
This past weekend, DH suggested pasta for dinner. We had some fresh bakery rolls and he was jonesing for a meatball sandwich. I thought to myself, "You know what would be good?" And I was right. It was so good - so very, very good. It was Heaven on a buttered roll. Why did I stop eating these things?
Today's lunch consists of leftover spaghetti - something I often have - and a lovely buttered roll. I am going to turn it into something that makes my stomach rumble in pleased anticipation. I am looking forward to it. My problem will be in not ransacking my lunch bag until my lunch break. It will not be easy, but it will be so worth it.
3 comments:
Yummy!!! Enjoy your lunch!
I would love such a carb feast. Hope you enjoyed!
Mmmmm, mmm! It was delicious! It was whole grain pasta, so it wasn't too bad carb-wise. Not that that would have stopped me. I like carbs.
Post a Comment