Friday, November 20, 2009

She's baaaaaack

Co-irker is back. Gab, gab, gab already. It's like she never left and the past 6 months never happened. Everyone is congregating around her. Except for me. I'm not going to congratulate her for making it back to work. I'm not going to thank her for the yack, yack, yack, yack, yack that started 3 seconds after she entered the door. I'm not going to gush over how "happy" I am that she's bringing every miserable feeling of loss back to me. Honestly, knock it off with the "Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

The moment I find balance, something knocks me down again. Balance is a precarious thing.

I hope the first day back to work is beyond overwhelming for her. It's not exactly a charitable thought, but I don't care right now. At least it'll shut her up.

**********************************************

Shoot. My uncle was just furloughed a few miutes ago. He's packing up his things.

1 comment:

prayerfuljourney said...

I know how you feel...it's like she expects everyone to be so thrilled she's back. Isn't she there to work? I guess she deserves to be queen...I'm kidding. Use those earplugs...and try your best to ignore it all. Praying for you.

BTW: On the day my office(before marriage) threw me a little wedding shower...the phones rang and I had to answer them and still do my job. That was the day I told everyone that I had resigned too. Kind of a funny moment. By no means did I get the day to goof off...work had to be done. I wonder if "blabber" will get anything done?