Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Frightening times

DH and I woke to news trucks and emergency vehicles parked in front of one of the houses directly behind us. We had no idea what happened. We didn't find out anyting until after I left for work. DH emailed me that there's been a homicide. He doesn't know the details since they won't be released until an 11:00 news conference. The suspect whose name has been released is considered armed, dangerous, and at large.

Nothing ever happens in our neighborhood. Very little ever happens in our township. I prefer it that way. Someone was killed in their home less than 100 yards away while we slept. We don't speak to any of our backyard neighbors much, but they all seem like decent people. The people directly behind us have a daughter, Elaine. She's in the backyard a lot playing with her dad or the boy next door. The kids in the family next to the boy have played with our next door neighbor's kids frequently over the years.

It's unreal.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thats so frightening when something like that hits so close to home. There is no good reason for anything like that to happen, ever, but I certainly hope whatever you find out isolates it to a particular situation and not a random act of violance, so you can at least feel safe in your home. I hope they find whoever is responsible soon. I'm sorry for you and the families loss. :(

the misfit said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I will say a prayer for the family! I hope they find the suspect soon!