Monday, June 1, 2009

Doggy Update and Spotting

Sadie, our dog, is getting wise to the thyroid pills cleverly disguised as cheesy treats. It's only the third day of Soloxine for her and she nearly turned up her nose at it this morning. I don't want this to become a twice daily battle. She's going to be taking this for life. We'll need to mix it up a little, maybe throwing in some hotdog or other lunchmeat.

Hmph, there goes the weight she just lost. She was nearly normal weight again. The vet actually complimented us on Thursday during her annual appointment. Then again, the surge in treats might be offset by her sudden loss of appetite for all things dog food. I'm assuming it's due to the Soloxine - it will take some time for her hormones to regulate again, right? - but we'll need to ask the vet about that at her 6 week appointment if it continues. Leaving her food half eaten is not normal for her.

On another topic - the usual TTC - I'm spotting. Yay. I noticed some barely noticeable - wouldn't have noticed it at all if I hadn't been looking - spotting yesterday. It's increased today, so I know what's on the way. In spite of this - in spite of all the signs telling me this is all going to end with the usual AF - I still feel that niggling hope that maybe, this time, they'll lead to a happier conclusion. Is this a sign of the indomitable human spirit - that no matter the disappointments, we won't stay down - or just stupidity? I'm thinking the latter, personally.

********************************************************************************

Scratch that, we're moving beyond spotting.

You know, I couldn't help but notice the other day that our neighborhood is experiencing a baby boom - at least three women are pregnant - and I'm not part of it. Always standing on the outside looking in. I'd love to be a part of the inner circle for once.

3 comments:

the misfit said...

Ohh...no fun. I realized at some point that my immediate neighborhood doesn't have any little ones. Which is nice, because it's nice to feel like I'm *not* a misfit somewhere. Here's hoping you can join your block soon...

prayerfuljourney said...

I live in a neighborhood of young families. There are children all over and with summer break soon upon us...there will be more. I don't know...I just keep my "blinders" on and live my life the best I can. I know what you mean about that monthly waiting. I get my hopes up some too even after all these years...I still feel my "signs" etc...I just try not to think about it which is hard to do. Gosh..when I start the inject.ibles...I'll really be hoping! Blessings.

A said...

ack- i HATE spotting, and i have only had it for 2 cycles ever! lots of hugs and support to you as far as the neighborhood baby boom- that is no fun :(