MIL's surgery went well yesterday. If she had a good night, she should be coming back with us today.
A story: While DH and I were in waiting room - also the place where arriving surgery patients wait until they're called - a man in a wheelchair was wheeled past by a friend of his. His name was Bob. We know his name was Bob because that friend and several others were wearing "Friends fighting for Bob" tee shirts. The poor man had disks the size of pennies implanted all over his skull. It must have been a brain tumor. DH and I later heard his friends talking after a call came from the surgeon. They mentioned a tumor, so I think it's a pretty good guess. We saw Bob again in recovery when we were visiting MIL. I don't know why - we don't even know the man - but we were both so happy to see him there. He seemed to be rebounding very well considering he just came out of brain surgery. I truly hope everything turns out well for him. He has so many friends pulling for him. It's a wonderful thing to see.
Moving on to TTC business, I'm still waiting for my monitor to give me an ovulation date. Could be Monday now. Does high dose B6 lengthen the follicular phase? I know it can the luteal phase. I'm thinking it must, because if it ends up being Monday, that will be CD15. I don't remember peaking that late before. . . . No, looking back at my charts, CD14 was the latest. Hmmmmm. I only have three weeks of the 500mg B6 left. If my cycle returns to normal after that, I'll assume it was the B6.
DH is determined to make sure we BD now through at least three days after O. He was so determined that he announced it on the car ride home from the hospital yesterday.
Speaking of which, I have to mention how thoughtful he was while we were there. We parked outside the Women's Center wing again. The easiest route between the car and the surgery and recovery areas is through Labor & Delivery. When we were leaving MIL to go home, he nonchalantly suggested we take an alternate route, outside and around the hospital grounds, because it was so nice out. I agreed, telling him that I didn't feel like going through L & D again anyway. That, he revealed, was his motive. Very sweet and thoughtful man, my husband.
Another aside and the reason for the title of this post: there was a fountain in a picnic area on the hospital grounds to which we escaped while MIL was in surgery. DH, knowing my love for throwing pennies, gave me two to make a wish. Can you guess what I wished for? I'm sure DH knows too. We'll give it a couple of months to see if wishing fountains are a viable treatment for infertility.
1 comment:
I'm not sure about B6 and O- I hope whenever you get your peak, your timing is great!! Your DH's sensitivities sound so comforting!! I sure hope that your wish comes true- I better find a fountain if it proves correct!
Post a Comment