The #$*&@ fertility monitor's prediction was wrong. I either ovulated on Friday or Saturday, not today. I don't know which day exactly since I forgot to take a reading when I returned home incredibly late Friday night after Les Mis. I'm setting it down as Saturday to give myself the benefit of the doubt, but I'm 90% positive it was Friday. I had spotting that day and a full day of 10CL and 10CKL. By Saturday, I just barely eked out 8CL in the morning (and I'm still questioning the L) with nothing following for the rest of the day. I know that technically, Saturday is THE peak day - that's the way it shows on my chart - but I believe ovulation was on Friday.
Well. DH and I didn't manage to get together until Saturday night at bed time. I wanted to earlier, but we were either busy or when we weren't, MIL was up and about. As much as we would have liked, we couldn't exactly say, "Will you excuse us a moment? We want to make a baby now. We'll be back in an hour. Thanks!"
I consider this cycle a bust. The last time we BD'd before Saturday was on Wednesday. Timing-wise, that's not bad. It could be better, but it's not bad. Without going into details, though, I'll just say that saliva was involved that day and saliva kills sperm. I don't have great hopes for that.
I'm in a "mood" now. Part of it's due to yet another cycle of no hope; part of it's due to my cousin. As you know, he's back home from Iraq. I'm happy. We were all worried while he was gone. But now that he's back, his sisters and mom are already talking about more kids from him. Right. That's all I need. He spends eight months overseas, and he and his wife will get pregnant and have their second child before DH and I manage to get pregnant with our first. Perfect. Just to be clear, I don't think they're pregnant yet, but it's only a matter of (not enough) time. The situation is harder to deal with when it's happening in your own family. It's much, much easier to handle coming from strangers, acquaintances, and annoying coworkers.
Anyway, that's my unproductive weekend . . . pun intended. I'm trying to let it go - really, I am - but I'm having problems getting past the point of wanting to take it in my bony fingers and strangle it.
4 comments:
:( Sometimes the scheduling is the hardest part. (And, I'm finding, while the drugs will nominally help, they are making a previously crystal-clear cycle impossible to read!) Hope your MIL feels better (and goes home? Does she live with you guys?) and you get everything perfect next time.
I think the "timing" thing is a little stressful and can cause friction between two people who love each other. Do you think all the teens out there who are parents gave timing a thought? I just try to leave this all in the Lord's hands. It's all about HIS timing, right? I just aim to be "lovin" around my O time. That causes less stress. :)
Misfit, MIL lives two hours up state. She's with us temporarily. She may be going home later this week. Her neighbor's driving down to visit her son. If she does, she may be able to take MIL back home. Then again, this neighbor isn't reliable: she could change her mind about coming down as she's backing out of her garage.
I know how it feels to have less-than-perfect timing, so many hugs and prayers coming your way. Maybe you'd have a chance to talk with your doctor over the next few weeks in case he/she wants to start a medication regimen next cycle?
Post a Comment