Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Awwwwwuuuuuuhhhhvvvvvv

Kate’s beginning to chat more. We took her to church on Sunday. She behaved very well again. At one point when Father was preparing communion and the singing had stopped, the church was absolutely quiet. She decided to liven things up. Wooooooo awaaaah oooooooh uuuuuuuuuuuuuhwhhhaaaaa abaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wwwwwwww www wuuuu vvvvvvv, etc. People were coming up to her after church smiling and cooing at her and telling her how much they appreciated her singing. How could we be anything be proud of her?

She expanded her vocabulary this weekend beyond the usual wwwwwwww's and oooooooooooooooh's to include the motorboat noise - bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb - and blowing raspberries. She’s awfully cute when she does that. She was practicing them off and on yesterday making it difficult for DH to work. I could hear him laughing at her antics in the computer room.

I watched her kicking her legs up and staring interestedly at those fascinating things at the end of her legs last night when I put her to bed and this morning before I got her up. She’s discovered her feet. She tries to reach for them whenever she’s sitting up. They're the next best things since . . . well, hands. Too, too adorable.

I managed to catch a cold. So far (knock on wood), Kate seems relatively okay. She coughed a few times last night and this morning, and I noticed more crud in her nose, but she’s able to breathe, eat, and play. I’m pumping as much as I can for her to makes sure she gets plenty of milk. I’m hoping whatever antibodies I produced to fight off my cold are passed on to her so we can spare her the worst of it.

1 comment:

Second Chances said...

Aw, we're at the same point with Dommie! He loves his little feet and cooing like crazy. He was blowing lots of raspberries about a month ago, but now he stopped and has started yelling! Interesting. Thanks for your comment on my post. I guess we're in the same nap boat! I don't get what I'm not getting. My husband says it's fine and not to worry, that he'll eventually get into a pattern. But like you said, it's so hard to get anything done in that precious 1/2 hour window! You have my sympathies too! I hope you feel better and Kate stays healthy too!