I want to cry right now. I don't know why. It's not like I wasn't expecting this. I thought I was prepared. My pregnant worker's surprise baby shower was this weekend: I opted not to go. She's now in the cubicle behind me excitedly discussing the details with a few others of our coworkers who couldn't attend. I want to run into the bathroom, lock myself in a stall, and cry. Instead, I'm sitting at my desk, listening to my music - which can't quite drown out the discussion behind me - sipping my tea, and fighting back the tears. I'm managing so far (more or less), but my nose is starting to run.
I didn't go for a reason. I don't want to hear the play by play so I can live through it vicariously through her all too vivid description. Infertility truly sucks.
5 comments:
I am so sorry! My heart aches for you! It's like being locked in a cage with no where to run!
HUGS!!! Want me to call you on your work phone! We can have our own conversation! hahaha
No, don't call. But I thank you for the thought. :) They don't need to know about my infertility. If previously infertile but now pregnant coworker doesn't understand enough not to continuosly remind me of it by talking about her pregnancy, I doubt that others would.
Doing better now. They're done talking.
Gosh....I avoid those type of conversations like the plague. I would have gotten up and gone somewhere else. If this coworker had IF and is now pregnant...she should try to be considerate of the fact that there may be other women around her in those shoes she once wore. It's funny how some women forget. I'm happy IF women get pregnant and God bless them but I really don't need the details. Hearing or reading prego info doesn't make me cry anymore (Thank God) but it does make me protect my own heart and I still very often walk away and find more meaningful (to me) conversations to partake in! Blessings.
I'm so sorry. Your coworker sounds appallingly inconsiderate (not to mention pretty useless to your employer!). I don't suppose there's someone else you work with who could run interference for you - lure her into some other area if she has to go on about onesies all afternoon? Or could you move your desk???
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. My coworker has less than 2 months before she goes on maternity leave. I'm going to suck it up. I'm thankful that I bounce back from things like this fairly quickly. It helps to have a husband who gives great hugs. :) I'm also thankful I have headphones (which help) and warm weather for lunchtime escapes. It's harder to feel down when you listen to the birds chirping.
Post a Comment