My husband and I are preparing for his mother's surgery next week. We're more concerned than usual about the surgery and recovery because of her COPD. She developed pneumonia after the last surgery, and we don't want to go through that again (fortunately, she says she doesn't remember much of it). I hate to see DH with that worried look on his face. I can't wait until it's over.
Knock on wood, her doctors and nurses will be more prepared this time around. They're going to have her on a breathing mask all night the night following the surgery. This (we hope) will maintain a positive pressure and prevent her from aspirating anything as her lungs recover from the anesthesia. If everything goes well, we can bring her home with us within a few days.
It would be nice for DH to be able to tell his mom that we're pregnant before she goes in or while she's recovering. Some good news might help to keep her recovery on track (the power of mind over body). Assuming DH's sperm and my eggs haven't come to terms, at least we can say the surgery will coincide well with my next cycle. MIL should be back with us a few days before my next peak day. Maybe we could still have the opportunity to send her home dreaming of being a grandmother by Christmas.
2 comments:
I just said a prayer for your MIL as well as you and your husband and will continue to pray.
Thank you for your sweet comment on the 9th. I'm glad that it sounds like I have a lot of faith. I do, but I also doubt and question like everyone else. God Bless you and your family, LA
Thank you, Living Advent! We need every prayer we can get. I appreciate it.
Post a Comment