Monday, March 23, 2009

Counting My Blessings

We have an unwelcome visitor. I was able to confirm a new cycle had definitely started at the hospital during my mother-in-law's surgery. I was in the restroom of the Women's Center wing just outside the Labor & Delivery area. You have to appreciate the irony. Surprisingly, I'm on an even keel in spite of that. I don't particularly know why, and I don't care. I'll take it.

My mother-in-law is back home with us after her neck surgery. I'd been doing a lot of desperate praying over the previous weeks that she'd be out of surgery and back home with us before we could imagining possible. Her last two hospital stays did not go so well, and we were preparing for more of the same. Well, we were told MIL would be in surgery for a minimum of three hours; she was in for two. And if we were insanely lucky, we were expecting to bring her home yesterday at the earliest; she came back with us on Saturday. Wow. I am stunned. It's not often my prayers are answered so clearly.

I'm taking this as a good omen. Roulez les bon temps. Maybe our efforts at TTC will follow a similar path.

2 comments:

the misfit said...

I'm so glad to hear she's recovering well. Your next appointment is coming right up, isn't it?? My first real RE consult is within a week of yours. I'll be praying for you - for good news and effective treatment!

Praying for Hope said...

I'm on pins and needles now about my next appointment. You must be even more impatient than I am. It's exciting in a sad sort of way, actually wanting to find something wrong so it can be fixed. I never used to look forward to doctor's appointments like this. I remember locking myself in the car once as a child, giving mom no end of grief in trying to take me in to the pediatrician.