One more blood draw tomorrow and I'm done until our appointment with Dr. Stegman. I find it ironic that the bulk of the blood work for this hormonal profile occurred in October. Halloween, vampires, blood . . . get it? After tomorrow, I keep my blood to myself for awhile. I'm going to miss the ultrasounds next cycle. It was very nice not to have to wonder if/when I ovulated.
I can't believe we're mid way through October already. It's my mom's 63rd birthday. She may feel staggered to have a daughter who's nearing 40, but I have a mom who's 63! I remember when I thought that was old. I remember when my grandparents were 63. Now it's my mom.
We're approaching the third anniversary of losing our cat, Harry. Harry was our current cat's cousin. We brought them home at the same time when they were 6 and 8 weeks old. Harry was such a handsome boy (http://kateb01.tripod.com/the_nutters/?i=0). He died before he was 7 months old because his heart wasn't functioning well. It was nearly three sizes larger than the average cat's probably due to complications from Feline Leukemia. Fluid kept collecting in his little chest making it difficult to breathe. I still tear up when I think of it. Halloween always reminds me of him. That's the day we took him to the vet for what we thought was allergies, asthma, or hairballs and instead learned he was dying. We miss our Harry boy.
I hate to end this post on such a depressing memory. Let's see, what's positive? Ummm . . . . Oh, DH made pork (and veggie sausage) and sauerkraut last night. Okay, so that's not the most exciting news, but I was happy about it. I was thinking about it all day and positively salivating by the time I made it home from work. And there was DH handing me a cup of hot tea and dishing everything on to the plates. He knows how to keep a PMS-y wife happy.
3 comments:
Awww. Harry was handsome! I had a BIG boy (20+ lbs) cat that passed away a few months ago and we miss him, too. He was solid black so October always reminds me of him.
Over 20 pounds? He was a very big boy. It's always hard to lose a pet. I hate it.
Yes, he was 22 at his top weight. We put him on a diet and he got down to 16 lbs. He was old (over 18 when he died) and slowly started to lose more and then the last month got really small and down to 9 lbs. We lost our dog the year before and after that, decided we needed a little heartbreak break. I do miss my pets terribly.
Post a Comment